TangerClub Terms and Conditions
TangerClub terms and conditions
TangerClub membership is open to individuals 16 years or older. TangerClub membership is for individual use only and is not a multiple user membership. One membership is allowed per person. There are two options – free and paid. Paid membership is $20 per year. The paid membership compromises of two status tiers: Gold and Platinum. A paid member enters the TangerClub as a Gold status member.
TangerClub Gold member status will accumulate on a rolling 12-month basis. If member reaches TangerClub Platinum status in their subscription year, they can continue to maintain Platinum status membership when they renew their subscription.
A TangerClub Gold member reaches Platinum status when they earn the required points through logging $500 or more at Participating Retailers at any Tanger location in any rolling 12-month period. The points required to reach Platinum status is subject to change without notice.
Gold and Platinum TangerClub members earn points toward status or other rewards with each upload of original store receipts from purchases at a participating retailer’s store (“Participating Retailer”) at any Tanger location. Only purchases made after the date of registration as a TangerClub Gold member will count toward earning rewards or earning or maintaining status.
Points earned may not appear immediately. Points related to purchases may take up to thirty (30) days to appear in your account.
To earn Points redeemable for perks or to count toward status, TangerClub members must either (i) within thirty (30) days of purchase, upload Tanger’s original store receipts meeting the requirements for Point award through the Receipt Capture feature found on the Tanger App available for Android and iPhones, or (ii) TangerClub Gold and Platinum members may make qualifying Point purchases online or in person using a linked and valid payment card at a Participating Retailer that participates in card linking. Card linking is a benefit only available to TangerClub Gold and Platinum members. Only transactions made after day and time of joining TangerClub will count towards points.
Members earn points based on their status:
- Blue: Spend $1, earn 1 point
- Gold: Spend $1, earn 2 points
- Platinum: Spend $1, earn 3 points
Points earned through uploaded receipts may not appear immediately. Points related to purchases may take up to thirty (30) days to appear in your account. Receipts must be uploaded within thirty (30) days of purchase.
Points remain active with paid (Gold and Platinum Tier TangerClub Membership) subscription and do not expire. Points will expire one year from inactivity of unpaid membership (Blue TangerClub Membership).
From time-to-time TangerClub members will be offered opportunities to earn Bonus Points. Bonus Points are awarded for specific spend behavior at Participating Retailers at any Tanger location for limited time periods and are redeemable for perks. Opportunities to earn Bonus Points will be available to any TangerClub member regardless of status. Bonus Point offers will be for a limited time and will stop or change as communicated.
Using redeemable TangerClub points
TangerClub members can redeem Points for different rewards. Rewards for which Points can be redeemed may change from time to time and without notice. A TangerClub membership account can accumulate no more than 4,999 Points. Once a TangerClub membership account accumulates 4,999 Points, Points will need to be redeemed before more Points can be earned.
To access your redeemable points and offers, log in to your TangerClub member profile via the app.
|Cost of Membership
|Status (earned by logging spend at Participating Retailers – uploading receipts)
|$0 - $500
|$501 - $1,000+
|Everyday Deals Available on your Tanger App
|Blue member deals
|Gold member deals
|Platinum member deals
|Bonus Points (earned with store shopping)
|Spend $1, earn 1 point (max 1,000)
|Spend $1, earn 2 points
|Spend $1, earn 3 points (max 4,999)
|Credit Card Linking Capability
|Monthly Featured Offers
|Invitation Only Access (ex. Center experiences, short sales and/or retailer deals)
|Seasonal Sales (ex. TangerStyle / TangerPink) (sales discount varies per sale)
|Ability to submit receipts and have transactions recorded
|Retailer bonus deals/burn opportunities
Once registered, your subscription to TangerClub whether paid or unpaid auto-renews for one-year periods unless you provide notice thirty (30) days prior to termination of the current term of your intent to terminate. Renewal fees for paid membership will automatically charge the credit card you have on file with your account. Management of subscription and notice of intent to terminate can be managed in the app or website. Should you terminate your paid subscription prior to the end of the then current term, you will NOT be eligible for or receive any refund of prepaid fees.
|Points expire if no tracked transactions for a full 12-month period
|Points do not expire with paid membership
|Points do not expire with paid membership
|Active membership Status continues if membership up to date Inactive membership Demoted to TangerClub Blue and points reset to 0 if subscription is not renewed*
|Active membership with $500+ in spend Status continues into the follow subscription year if membership up to date (renewal fee paid) Active membership with less than $500 in spend Member demoted to TangerClub Gold* Inactive membership Demoted to TangerClub Blue and points are reset to 0 if subscription not renewed*
*Status can be restored if the member pays within  days of the subscription lapsing
The current fee for paid membership is $20 per annum. This fee may change. You will not be provided notice of an increase in price for the paid TangerClub membership. The current membership fee will be available on the website and app.
Only receipts which belong to the TangerClub Member and from a Participating Retailer count toward point accumulation. Receipts cannot be shared with other members or non-members. Receipt images must be of good quality and include relevant information such as amount of purchase, date, and retailer. Duplicate receipts, bad quality receipts or partial receipts which do not include all required information will be rejected. Only receipts for purchase post registration for the TangerClub membership are eligible. All receipts must be uploaded within thirty (30) days of purchase.
Tanger reserves the right to audit and/or cancel your membership at any time. If Tanger cancels your membership for repetitive receipt irregularity, no refund will be provided. Tanger will refund membership fees paid for the current term upon Tanger’s mid-term convenience cancelation of your membership.
Should the app and TangerClub have geolocation functionality developed, and you enable location tracking on your device for our app, we will track your location information to understand whether you are in a Tanger Center to provide you with specific Bonus Point earning and redemption opportunities, rewards and information. Allowing this tracking will enable you to benefit from our location features, which include:
(a) notifications about useful information when you arrive at a Tanger Center;
(b) live information about offers from Participating Retailers at the Tanger Center; and
(c) additional offers as you move about the Tanger Center based on shops visited with your TangerClub app open and enabled.
- Card Networks or Payment Card Networks - Visa, Mastercard and American Express (where applicable)
- Eligible Payment Card: means any Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit or debit card in the individual name of the applicable TangerClub Member and which is eligible to become a Linked Card as determined by the TangerClub and the Service Providers from time to time. Not all Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards are eligible for registration as a Linked Card – including PIN based purchases on debit cards. Debit card transactions must be authorized via signature and not PIN to be monitored. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express Corporate cards, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express Purchasing cards, non-reloadable prepaid cards, government-administered prepaid cards (including EBT cards), healthcare (including Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or insurance prepaid cards, Visa Buxx, and Visa-, MasterCard-, and American Express- branded cards whose transactions are not processed through the Visa payment system, MasterCard payment system, and/or American Express payment system are not Eligible Payment Cards.
- Eligible Transaction: Any retail purchase transaction whereby a TangerClub Member makes a purchase from a Participating Merchant Partner using a Linked Card. You acknowledge that Visa, Mastercard and AMEX may be unable to monitor every transaction made with your enrolled Visa, AMEX and Mastercard including some PIN-based purchases on debit cards (debit transactions should be authorized via signature and not PIN in order to be monitored), purchases you initiate through identification technology that substitutes for a PIN, payments of existing balances, balance transfers, or transactions that are not processed or submitted through the Visa U.S.A. or MasterCard payment systems, and that these transactions are not eligible. You may opt-out of this monitoring at any time by selecting ‘Account’ from the home screen of your TangerClub and deleting your registered card(s). If you register a debit card, your transaction must be processed as a ‘credit’ (i.e., signature) transaction to make sure the transaction can be monitored. Do not use a Personal Identification Number (PIN) when paying for your purchases with your enrolled card if you want the transaction to be available for view or action on the TangerClub App.
- Fidel – Fidel API is a Service Provider of Transaction Data Services linking Payment Card Networks with the TangerClub.
- Linked Card or Enrolled Card or Registered Card or Eligible Card – an Eligible Payment Card that a TangerClub Member links for use in connection with the TangerClub.
- Partner/Participating Brand or Merchant - a Brand or Merchant Partner who is available and participating in the TangerClub and has offers available to TangerClub Members.
- Participating Merchant Partner: Merchants that are part of the TangerClub network as determined by TangerClub. Listing of current Participating Merchant Partners available on the Tanger App. TangerClub shall have the sole and exclusive right to add or remove merchants from time to time.
- Payment Card Network: Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
- Qualified or Qualifying Transaction - transaction meeting the offer criteria of the TangerClub and qualifies for points towards Tier status.
Service Provider (Fidel) - The Service Provider providing Transaction Data for the TangerClub. If you enroll your Eligible payment card for easier track and earn rewards, your use of this service is managed by our payment data provider Fidel. We will share you tokenized payment information with Fidel who will store it for use when you choose to make purchases.
How does Card Linking Work?
Card linking is a service you can participate in, as a paid TangerClub Member. Card linking allows paid TangerClub Members to register an Eligible Card with their TangerClub membership. Specific transactions made with the Linked Card will earn you redeemable TangerClub points and Platinum status.
How do Rewards Work?
The points you earn for specific transactions will be usable as part of the overarching TangerClub, these rewards are defined in more detail on the TangerClub website.
How long does it take for me to earn my points?
For specific transactions, it can take up to 30 days for points to be awarded.
How do I link a card?
To link a card, register for the TangerClub, pay for a subscription, navigate to the menu within the app or website and follow the steps to link your card.
How do I unlink a card?
To unlink a card, login to your account on the app or website, navigate to the menu and follow the steps to unlink your card.
What is the Termination process?
You can terminate your subscription at any time. To terminate your subscription with the program, please contact TangerClub support or terminate through the mobile app. Should you terminate prior to the end of your then current paid term, you will not receive or be eligible for any refund of prepaid fees.
What information is collected?
The program will capture specific transaction information including:
- Retailer shopped
- Time of transaction
- Spend amount
This information will be linked to your user account within the program.
How is my card linked transaction information used?
Your information will be used to provide you with appropriate and customized communications and points or rewards.
We currently use Fidel and the Payment Card Networks to monitor Eligible Card transactions for your participation in the TangerClub. Your agreement to the various Tanger Terms of Service (TOS) authorize Fidel and the Payment Card Networks to monitor the transactions made with your Linked Card at Participating Merchant Partners to confirm qualified transactions. The data monitored by the Payment Card Network, collected, and shared by Fidel with Tanger includes your Linked Card identifier, Participating Merchant Partner location, transaction date/time and amount.
By registering an Eligible Card in connection with transaction monitoring, you authorize Tanger to share your Linked Card information with Payment Card Networks, so it knows you are enrolled. You authorize Payment Card Networks to monitor transactions on your Linked Card(s) to identify qualifying purchases in order to determine whether you have qualified for or earned an offer linked to your Linked Card, and for Payment Card Networks to share such transaction details with Tanger and Participating Retailer Partners to enable your Linked Card offer(s) and provide offers that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of transaction monitoring on the Linked Card(s) you have registered by navigating to your settings menu to remove your Linked Card(s).
Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties:
THE SITES, SERVICES, INFORMATION, DATA, FEATURES, AND ALL CONTENT AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SERVICES OR PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES (WHETHER OR NOT SPONSORED) ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TANGERCLUB, TANGER MANAGEMENT, LLC OR SUBSIDIARIES, PARENT OR AFFILIATES, OFFICER, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES (“TANGER PARTIES”) THE PAYMENT CARD NETWORKS, AFFILIATES, AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS, OR SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY, "SUPPLIERS ") MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONTENT OR OPERATION OF THE SITE OR OF THE SERVICES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER TANGER PARTIES, THE PAYMENT CARD NETWORKS, OR SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT ON THE SITES OR OF THE SERVICES (WHETHER OR NOT SPONSORED), AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER TANGER PARTIES, THE PAYMENT CARD NETWORKS, OR SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THAT THE CONTENT THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FREE OF INFECTION FROM ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER CODE OR COMPUTER PROGRAMMING ROUTINES THAT CONTAIN CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OR THAT ARE INTENDED TO DAMAGE, SURREPTITIOUSLY INTERCEPT OR EXPROPRIATE ANY SYSTEM, DATA OR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Limitations of Liability:
NEITHER TANGER PARTIES, THE PAYMENT CARD NETWORKS, OR SUPPLIERS SHALL IN NO EVENT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, LIQUIDATED OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE OR BUSINESS, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART FROM YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITES, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, THE SITES OR THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT, NEITHER TANGER PARTIES’, THE PAYMENT CARD NETWORKS OR SUPPLIER’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT OF THE TRANSACTION GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Tanger Parties, the Payment Card Networks, Service Provider (Fidel) and suppliers from and against all claims, suits, proceedings, losses, liabilities, and expenses, whether in tort, contract, or otherwise, that arise out of or relate, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, in whole or in part arising out of or attributable to any breach of this Agreement or any activity by you in relation to the Sites or your use of the Services.
All terms and benefits are subject to change without notice.